Monday, July 6, 2009











Ummm, sure some of you had BBQ's and pool parties for the 4th. You probably traveled, since you had a three-day weekend and you hung out with friends and family. I am sure many of you saw parades and let off fireworks and had hot dogs and hamburgers. You had a great weekend and so did we -- sort of. I ran the kids into BC to watch the parade but afterwards there was no fun pool party for us - no sir. I forced my family "Chad" into slave labor and we stained the concrete in our garage. Oh yea, it was a bit hot out but that only made the stain dry faster hehe. Staining concrete is not the most difficult project we have undertaken but the 100+ temps did not help any. It is a three step process - you need to etch the concrete with acid (did I mention you have to scrub in the acid), then you spray on the stain (it helps if your sprayer does not have a cracked hose inside of it) and finally you roll on the sealer. Sound easy -- and it was - but it was really hot outside and well I like to complain. Here are some pics -- hope we did it right, I am too scared to drive the car in yet!!!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Well I can't belive it! I thought you had forgotten that you had a blog :)
And you got your floor done. I didn't know you had decided on the stain. It looks great.
Hope you keep up. Next time you come over for a scrapbook class (if weather permits) Dagney will have to bring her bike. Our kids love the track in the back yard.

KolbyJanine said...

wow, good job. I didn't even know it was possible to do that yourself i thought stained concrete came from the mixing truck. It looks good.

Chelsea said...

WOW! it looks perfect. I love it. Wow. Great job, Im sure that when you drive the car on it you will be sad when it gets dirty! haha! seriously great job!