Monday, August 25, 2008

I think this quote sums up how I feel.
There was some drama when Dagney went off to school.Remi demanded that she stay and give her kisses and loves and when that did not work she just latched on to her. My mom was here this morning so she and Remi went outside and waved us goodbye.
Tell me what kind of mother would just dump off her child when half of the day there will only be Spanish spoken??
I was doing great until Tom Fox (a good family friend) gave me a hug and I suddenly started sobbing into his chest. Yea I know totally inappropriate. I just was overwhelmed with everything. Dagney was so good she went off happily to her class and she smilled for tons of pictures (which she sometimes does not do) and I was left there with just a camera and a frozen smile on my face.
I am going to pick her up in a few minutes and I hope and pray that she loved school and can't wait to go again tomorrow.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I love the pictures. Especially the one of Remi holding her leg. I made it to the freeway before I let the tears come. I felt desperate dropping Gracie off. She wasn't nervous at all. I had to tell her to wave at me. She loved it. I hope Dagney did too. Oh ya, I like the quote also.

Monica McCoy said...

Hey, I found your blog. Mine is monicamccoy.blospot.com
With you being a teacher, I thought you would be brave sending her off to school. I will be a total wreck.
Monica Michaelson McCoy

Bryan and Moriya Olsen said...

Eliz,
You are already a blogging PRO! I was so surprised to see your blog up and running so quickly...Love the pictures! Can't wait to see all your beautiful photography and digital designs...This just seems like it's right up your alley!

Natalie, Brian, Rachel, Erick said...

I agree with Moriya about how easy this must be for a pro like you. You have already accomplished a lot in a few days. The pictures are great, and having Dagney gone will get easier, eventually...

A New Decade of Health said...

Welcome to the blogging world! It's an addiction! I'm so glad Dagney had a great first day of school! It's hard when they first go, but it's nice to watch them learn! Our blog address is htowngills.blogspot.com. Feel free to add me to your list! I'm a blogging addict! I'm so excited to see all your beautiful pictures!