Monday, December 1, 2008



This post is all about Dagney. She had lots going on before her first track break. The most challenging of them all was her part in "The Polar Express" a mini play put on by her kindergarten track. Her part is as follows:"Soon there were no more lights to be seen. We traveled through cold, dark forests where lean wolves roamed and white tailed rabbits hid from our train as it thundered through the quiet wilderness. We climbed mountains so high it seemed as if we could scrape the moon. But the Polar Express never slowed down. Faster and faster we ran along, rolling over peaks and through valleys like a car on a roller coaster." Seriously, I thought I would faint when I saw the size of the part. When we were memorizing her part I realized that she was saying "forestes" instead of "forests" and try as I might I could not get her to say it correctly. She refused to say forests right but she did not mind memorizing a huge part -- very strange but age 6 does have a few interesting quirks about it. Needless to say we were terribly proud of her when it came to the performance.















We also had the end of another season of playing soccer. We did not originally sign up for the season but the team she played on needed a player so we were able to play for free - minus the cost of the coach's gift and of course the requisite trophy. She did much better this season and did score one goal. Because she is now six, she will have to play in the 6-8 league. I think we will sit out Winter season -- too cold.













Last but not least, Dagney was chosen for Eagle of the Month. When she came home and said that she was chosen, I first thought that she was joking or mistaken but no, there was a paper in her bag letting me know of her new status. I just did not think she was all that good in class -- I mean she does not behave all that well in church so I just assumed?? Well let me tell you, it went straight to her head. Some people can not handle certain kinds of limelight. She was not the only person from our ward to receive the honor -- there was Brooklyn and one of the Chase children also receiving the prestigious award. I guess the kids get to go on a special field trip with the principal which should be another fun activity for Dagney.
"Just as a side note -- I sent Dagney to school that day in a new beautiful dress. I believe that any special occasion whether small or large, deserves a new dress. In fact, when Dagney came out for her award, the principal made a comment to the audience about how cute she was dressed -- was I more excited about the award or the fact that the principal mentioned the dress???"

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

good job dagney!!! She is so cute Eliz! What a doll!!!

Nicole said...

Sorry, but I am NEVER going to believe that Dagney isn't "all that good" in church. That girl is as good as gold!

The Cecil's said...

How fun! I love it! What a cutie.
I got a job that allowed me to work from home, to be with my kids, and everything about it was so great! And the whole reason I took the job was because it was so convienent for my lifestyle, but I guess my kids are still to small for me to be going back to work. I just couldn't juggle it. I was really bumbed about it, but my kids needed me more.

Becky said...

Eliz you are such a riot! Dagney is adorable and I am so proud of her! And just for the record she is good at church! And I could not agree more that every special occasion deserves a new dress!

Nicole said...

I can't believe you didn't like the movie! Not only did my kids love it, but Alan and I totally enjoyed it. We are so buying that one! Maybe we will have to listen to each other's movie reviews and do the opposite!

The Draper's said...

Hey! So I hope that you are still liking your hair! We need to color it! We have all been sick since the last time I saw you! But how did Chad like it?!