Thursday, January 1, 2009

December Part 1

As we were returning home from spending Christmas at my parent's cabin in Pine Valley, Remi asked me why we didn't get to do any fun things. Since she was watching "Nim's Island" at the time I can only assume that she meant why didn't she get stranded on an island and fall off a volcano. But really do you think she didn't get to do anything for the month of December?

Chad and the girls having a special camp out on the couch.


Santa's train -- a super fun way to begin the holidays!
I told the girls 2 years ago that they probably would not see snow again for another decade -- boy was I ever wrong -- FYI the snowman's name is Millie-Candy III.
Kanab's Christmas party -- a weekend of letting the children run free (in the Stampin'Up factory) and not having to worry about them. There is food, entertainment and of course, this year - snow for sledding. I took a pic of Chad's childhood home - he really did have an amazing backyard - 10 miles out of town.
In an attempt to be more "outdoorsish" this year, Chad and I bought a year pass to all National Parks. This is our first excursion to Zion for the year -- my goal is to do something with the pass at least 8 times in 2009. We had a ton of fun hiking up to this incredible view. The kids were more impressed with icicles than the view but whatever makes them happy makes me happy as well.

2 comments:

A New Decade of Health said...

What a fun busy Christmas! My camera is a RED Kodak easy share. My old camera was 6 years old so this one is a lot more fun!

Chelsea said...

Looks like an eventful month to me! haha! Colette keeps asking me what holiday is next! I love the pics! (and thanks for the advice! the room is in progress right now.)